I said I would let them go. The rest is up to them.
- Jean-Michel Warlock
Captain Jean-Michel Warlock is a space pirate and captain of the pirate battleship Saving Grace. He has brunette hair and speaks with an English accent. He is the voiced by Neil Dickson
Warlock fell in love with Kiva the moment she, Coop and Jamie came aboard his ship. He tricked her by promising that he would give her a time drive controller and attempted to trap her by and threatening her with ending the lives of Coop and Jamie... unless she became his queen. Despite this, he was defeated when Coop threw the car horn into the Saving Grace, which attracted the Florgnots (bat-like alien monsters sensitive to noise) into it and consequently making them attack the battleship from within. He is last seen vowing to return to obtain Kiva as his queen, his ship collapsing and falling into the orbit of the Florgnot planet.
Warlock has a fetish for red hair and it is implied that he is bisexual. He has a gallery of portraits of red-haired lovers which seems to include one androgynous-appearing male, though it's also possible this is merely a close friend. He also carries an air of suaveness and a cool demeanor, but it only serves to hide his true intentions.
- His name and appearance suggest he is a parody of Captain Harlock, a space pirate created by Leiji Matsumoto.
- The name "Warlock" means oath-breaker. As well as a man who practices witchcraft, similar to a sorcerer and wizard.
- Captain Warlock is one of many villains in cartoons, live-action TV and movies to use the common trope of choosing female protagonists as (usually unwilling) queens in their world domination schemes.
- The profile of Captain Warlock's spaceship resembles a pre-industrial sailing vessel. Its cannon-like guns even emerge from the hull and fire perpendicularly, in the manner of a sailing age battleship firing broadside.
- This is the only episode where Kiva speaks the customary pre-combat rant, as she was aggravated by Captain Harlock's unwelcome advances.